Getting ready for your wedding day can be a little daunting and oftentimes it takes longer than people think.
If you’re looking to achieve hydrated, plumped, glowing skin with not a bump, blemish or dry patch in sight unfortunately one facial the week before the big day isn’t going to cut it - it may take weeks. So, if you’d love nothing more than beautiful, radiant skin on your wedding day, you might (urgently) want to start prepping your skin.
We spoke to our stunning bride and Ultra customer, Sophie Dulake about her experience getting ready for her wedding back in October of 2023. Like many brides and grooms, Sophie had a few concerns she wanted to address - ageing and breakouts.
“I’m turning 30 and want to keep the wrinkles at bay just a little longer. I started noticing wrinkles around my eyes and a general loss of firmness in my skin. I would get the occasional breakout, usually around my chin and I didn’t want to worry about this on my wedding day.” - Sophie
Six Months Before The Wedding
Sophie spoke directly with our Ultra Skin Expert (and wizard), Vanessa back in May of 2023. Over the six months, Sophie was recommended a morning and evening routine designed to meet her skin goals and was supported every step of the way.
Her morning routine consisted of a cleanse with Ultra Brightening Foaming Cleanser, followed by a spritz of Ultra Hydrating Skin Mist to boost hydration. She then applied our Ultra Moisturiser Eye Cream and Ultra Brightening Moisturiser Cream to lock in moisture; and finally, an SPF 50 - because it’s a daily non-negotiable.
In the evening, she took the day off with a double cleanse (you know how much we love a double cleanse), followed by our dewy skin essential, Ultra B² Hydrating Serum and Ultra DNA³ Complex Recovery Night Cream.
After the first month, Sophie began incorporating correctives into her routine to target her loss of skin firmness. Her favourite? Ultra A Perfecting Serum Mild. It’s our go-to serum for younger-looking skin; formulated with Retinol (Vitamin A) to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and deliver an overall plump, refined complexion.
The Night Before The Wedding
After cleansing, Sophie used our Ultra Granule-C Microfoliant; a gentle exfoliator designed to smooth, polish and refine the skin (the perfect base for make up application). She also treated herself and bride squad to an Ultra B² Hydration Mask for the ultimate hydration boost, leaving their skin calm and supple.
"Our Wedding day was the most magical day. We couldn't be happier with how it turned out. I felt so confident in my skin and I really have Ultraceuticals and Vanessa in particular to thank for that.” - Sophie
Five tips to glow down the aisle:
- Opt for products that support vital hydration. Our favourite? Ultra B² Hydrating Serum. It provides immediate hydration and gives the skin a radiant glow.
- Book a professional skin treatment. If regular facials aren’t your thing, we’ve got a range of at-home masks that we suggest implementing two-or-three times per week. Find your ideal face mask here.
- Nail your evening wind-down. Weddings can be stressful so take the time to give yourself much needed relaxation before bed. Light a candle, fluff your pillows and nourish your skin with good skincare for optimal support during your sleep cycle.
- Be consistent. Reminder that transformational results may not happen overnight. So, if you’re investing in quality skincare, be consistent with your AM to PM routine.
- Speak with a qualified skin therapist. We know starting your skin journey may feel overwhelming and you deserve to feel confident on your big day. We always recommend speaking directly with a qualified skin expert who will be able to analyse your needs and help you achieve your desired results. Did you know that you can chat with one online in the comfort of your home?! Book it here.